My Life in Knots

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Illusion Crochet Baby Blanket

Ok first off I want to thank Debbie for sharing her graph with me. I am in love with this technique as it's fun to make, very rewarding as you see results instantly, as well as fast!

Here's Joshua's baby blanket. The camera picks up the illusion more then the naked eye does. You don't see the hearts as much when you look straight on, you just see blue and white stripes (an a tad bit of an outline of the image)

I then added a pannel in the middle and graphed his name in so it's personalized to him.

This is what he'll see as he rolls over and lifts his head up, rows and rows of hearts!

And here's Joshua enjoying his new blanket on a very very happy and special day!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Saturday, September 15, 2007 6:37:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would love some details about this technique!!! I've been trying to figure it out for a few days now and I'm ready to give up...

Beautiful Blanket!!!

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:23:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your afghan! That technique is so great. I love how you left a part of the afghan permanently visible and the hearts are the icing on the cake!

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:07:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hi who is debbie and how do we make a pattern like this. different name.am in illusionn group but still dont know how to make pattern.?

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:53:00 PM , Blogger Buggy said...

Debbie is the woman that gave me the graph to make the hearts. I cannot share as it is her graph and I don't want to give her email out on a website due to fishing programs.
I joined the illusion crochet yahoo group as well, but, haven't heard back from her as of yet to see where the group is going.
If you're up for experimenting the basic premise is is to do 2 rows in 1 color and 2 rows in another color carrying your yarn up the side as you go. You sc in each using either the front loop, back loop or both loops depending on where your pattern should appear.
If you are at all familiar with illusion knitting and working off a graph where 1 row on the graph = 4 rows of knitting the same basic premise applies to this technique of illusion crochet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home