My Life in Knots

Thursday, July 12, 2007

White Cable Clutch

This is my rough draft of cables. I am still working on the technique and couldn't take a picture to really show what I'm seeing but these aren't bad.
I made the bottom portion in white cotton doing the Tunisian Cable technique and then I lined the bag (Thinking about this lovely pink silk ribbon I had but now it seems to have grown feet and run off)
I then finished off the top by creating a channel for the ribbon and then added the upper portion and handle in sc.
The image with the candle gives a reference as the candle is a basic jar candle like any Yankee Candles, this is just one from a local store but same sized jar.
But, it holds everything I generally carry out and about with me. I ended up using a blue satin ribbon even though in the pictures it looks more acetate it is a very soft satin.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:23:00 AM , Blogger Thata said...

Great work. I really love your bag... And I think I still cant do the cable right now... need time to make it... Thank you so much for your pattern sharing

hugs,
thata

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 1:17:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

May I have a copy of your white cable clutch purse pattern. You did a great job I am amazed that is crocheted.

 
At Monday, July 16, 2007 1:39:00 PM , Blogger Buggy said...

http://mylifeinknots.blogspot.com/search/label/Cable%20Clutch%20Instructions

Couldn't find your email so hopefully you look back. Theres the pattern on a more recent post. I will be creating a picture tutorial this week to tweak the pattern myself and help others understand it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home