First Tunisian Bikini Top
For certain reasons I can not purchase a bikini top for my daughter nor do any patterns I have found work for her. So I had to set out to design one myself. I chose Moda Dea ticker tape in fiesta because 1. I got 5 skeins at the dollar store (only used 2 for the top have 3 left if she wants a bottom to match) and 2. it actually has some stretch to it that lends itself well to garments.
I made a few samples with sc, dc, tss, tks, tps and had her pick which type of stitch she liked. She decided she liked the look of the TSS the best.
sie decreases in certain places I had a nice full cup. Made the second one changing the right hand to left hand decreases and visa versa. The neck strap was worked in TSS as well I just got to a point where I decreased to 4 stitches wide and then kept going for 20 rows to form a strap.
I then edged the entire cup, each separately, in a series of sc, hdc and dc. Along the bottom I did a dc, ch 1, skip next stitch, to make a channel. I then chained a long length to make the bottom strap and threaded this through the bottom of the cups and made a lacing through the breast bone area between the cups.
It took me about 3 hrs to complete, up late last night after work as she had a trip today to a local beach and wanted a top to wear. She grabbed it and ran out the door this am so I have no idea how it fits her or if it worked out, but, we'll see.
I however, won't be posting modeled pictures, sorry! I don't model bikini's and certainly not putting my almost 17 yr old on the web in hers. So these are the best pics you'll see and I'll try and update how it worked out for her.