My Life in Knots

Sunday, July 15, 2007

How can I improve this?

This is what I have been trying to work on to start creating tunisian items done in a circular method.
The joining is done in the round and it's hard to tell in these pics (my camera doesn't want to cooperate) but it's all TSS, done in the round with no seaming to complete afterwards.
Anyone seen this before?
All instructions I could find for circular Tunisian Crochet start from a disk. I want to start from an opening and create a tube. Would be really interested if there are any tutorials available out there so I can see what they have to say and how the final look is compared to my attempts.
These aren't so bad though. The area where the join is made is a little wonky right now but is following straight up the piece as it's worked, so it's not a wandering seam. I would like to tighten the join area up though and make it less obvious.


3 Comments:

At Friday, July 20, 2007 3:16:00 PM , Blogger Lesalicious said...

Hey there I came across your blog and loving all your projects I wanted to tell you that I have a board and would like to invite you to the board. My board is called Crafty Chicks its for all kinds of hobbies. So check it out and hope to see you on the board if you have any questions. Lesalicious is my username. http://craftychicks.proboards52.com/index.cgi

 
At Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog through crochet partners. I enjoyed your tutorial on entrelac and I'm inspired to give it a try. If you figure out the entrelac in the round I want to see it. I am also going to try the cable stitch that really intrigued me.

 
At Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how to do tunisian around. What you need are a doubleended hook, and two skeins of yarn. I have never seen an english tut for this metode, but if you are still intressted I can take som pictures and try to write something down in my poor english ;-)

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MarianneG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home