My Life in Knots

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hello Kitty Tunissian

I wanted to play a bit with some yarn I was given off freecycle. It's the green Romanian yarn that I plan on using for a project, still can't say what though. I, however, wanted to make something small out of it to see how it worked up and how it will hold up in the wash and with use. How better to see the wear and tear an item will take then to give it to a teenaged girl? So I made something I knew my daughter would use and abuse and it will help me determine if I can use this for the intended project.

These are photos of the back side of the bag before assembly. The reverse side of the tunisian stitch looks like the garter stitch in knitting. When working off a graph you can see the pattern on both the front and back of the work, but, on the back it appear as if knit.


And here is the front before assembly and after. I am thinking of making an I-cord as a small handle and maybe adding a zipper tomorrow so she can use it as a small make up bag. Ofcourse, she is 16 and this is only 5 ½ inches square, so it may not hold ALL her make up needs, but, I'm sure she'll be a great tester.

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 20, 2009 12:08:00 AM , Blogger yarn_lady said...

The kitty looks awesome! I loved reading your blog!

 
At Friday, February 20, 2009 12:08:00 AM , Blogger yarn_lady said...

The kitty looks awesome! I loved reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home