My Life in Knots

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Victorian Baby Cape

I wanted to make something unique and I don't see, in the USA, baby capes in use these days, so this pattern fit the bill.

I did vary my cape from the pattern by using Jamie baby yarn in white #200, and size g hook.

I found the picture a little lacking on the pattern page so wanted to take a few to show the details of construction and how the cape functions.

I think it's darling and I am thinking of making a second for some twins that are due in june. This single cape worked up in about 4 hrs of crochet time, and had only about 4 ends to weave in.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:00:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting photos of this adorable Victorian Baby Cape. My daughter had this exact same cape when she was a baby. Now,.. she is expecting her own little girl. I have just started to crochet this and really appreciate the photos. I still have my daughter's little cape from 1976,still beautiful.
Your work is beautiful.
Thank you again,
Sincerely
Sheriann

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home