My Life in Knots

Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Smidge

Well if you have checked out Raverly then you may have seen the Smidge along. If not then check out The Pidge and see if you can tell why a lot of us think its BS and then knocked off the idea.
Soo here's the one I made today..
With making a swatch to determine stitch and size, creating this, blocking and finishing it off it took me 30 minutes and cost about 5o cents.

here is a close up of the stitch I chose in Tunisian crochet and the buttons I added


and my son modeling this for me once it was done. I put my buttons on in a different way from the pidge. I do think next time I would move the button holes closer to the edge, but I am happy with it over all.
It is in wool-ease so nice and soft and warm.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:39:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like where you put your buttons. On the edge is ok but I wonder if the edge underneath would roll up. Way too cute. I don't knit but wish I could. Kanda

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:48:00 PM , Blogger Buggy said...

This was done with crochet Tunisian crochet, but, you can do any basic rectangle like a scarf and make one.
The end of mine I single crocheted to prevent rolling.

 
At Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:03:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the scarf and love that it can be done for a whole lot less than the Pidge-- even with my recycled cashmere...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home