My Life in Knots

Thursday, August 07, 2008

More Toys and finished dying!

This is where this spinning began with a grey (lighter color in the twist) roving I spun to about sport weight, and a brown (darker color seen in the twist) also spun between fingering/sport and then plied the 2 together.

After dying in Wilton's Rose icing paste coloring this is the finished result! It comes out semi purplish in some images but it's like that Raspberry scented marker a lot of us had in grade school.

Here's the other toy my hubby made me a Yarn Swift woohoo! He's actually making me another now out of my favorite wood but I can't complain about a solid mahogany one shown here either!
All balled up! I have about 60 yrds of workable yarn here so now to figure out what to do with it....oh I do already know I just can't say yet but the color was picked for a purpose!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 07, 2008 1:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely red. Nice work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home