My Life in Knots

Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympics 2008


I participated in the Ravelympics for Team Splurk and decided my event would be the Afghan Marathon....for non rav/plurking people: This means I decided to cast on a knitted afghan at 8am on 8-8-08 and to cast off by the closing ceremonies, Beijing Time.

Day 1
08/08/08 8:08am
Cast on: Hemlock Ring Afghan
Yarn: Berroco Cuzco in Oliva 682.5 yards used
Needles: US Size 10 double points, 29" circ and 40" circ

Ending Day 1 at 66 as seen below


Day 2
08/09/09
You can see the cute stitch markers April made me that I used for this project!

ended day 2 on row 88

Day 3
08/10/08
With a sever sinus headache all day I was able to work on this and finished off at 11:oopm EST
I then wove in the ends, washed and blocked the afghan.
Here it is stretched out on a queen sized bed drying. The finished size is 45" from point to point.
Not a huge afghan more something to throw on your lap but given the fiber content of 50/50 Alpaca/Wool it's more then warm!

It's now dry but will wait till there is sun light for better photos.

I only entered this one event thinking I would need many more days to finish this project so I'll just support my team mates from here till the end.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:33:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi chick. Thought I'd stop in and say hi.

That yarn and the pattern would make a great hat.

See you Friday.

Laur

 
At Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:00:00 PM , Blogger Buggy said...

hahaha for about 40 rows I was calling it a rasta hat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home