My Life in Knots

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Alien Illusions


Well here's my youngest because he's the only child I have that will still willingly model for pictures!
He thinks the illusion items I have made in the past were just so cool and when I showed him the alien illusion scraf online he fell in love. So for his 11th birthday this year I made him one in secret and a matching hat out of the left over yarn.


Here's the side view and I have been told the entire 5th grade thinks this is AWSOME!


And, the hat I just made up as I went along making a small swatch for the ribbing. I just measured his head, messured the swatch and then made it as large as I needed to fit around his head. I then did stripes with the green and black in sk st on circulars, switching to dpns as the hat decreased near the top. He's happy happy because the crochet hats I have made in the past he says "let the air in my ears" and the knit ribbing covers his ears and he feels nothing. I also haven't caught him without a hat on his head in this frigid weather since making him this.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be siding with the 5th grade class as well, that is AWESOME

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home