My Life in Knots

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 1

Day 1!
Well my partner had 2 items in her profile, one was a motif afghan odne in grays' reds and whites. The other was a scrap quilt and she had relayed to me her love of granny square afghans and she didn't care if they were made from scraps of yarns left over from other projects. Well I bought a new book that had this afghan on the cover and I fell in love and had to make it.
I ALWAYS over buy on yarn, buy clearances, if it strikes my fancy I'll buy at least a skein. So This was either random skeins I had, partial skeins left over from other projects, actual scraps because I'll ball up 12inches or more of yarn to save for later.
these, she stated, were her 2 favorite motifs. I thought it was funny because I loved these 2 but they worried me most as she disliked yellow and wans't a huge fan of purple. So I'm glad she adores it and I hope she has it for years to come (and the cat can even shed on it I won't mind lol)
I received and will post more pics later, a Beautiful felted handbag. I love purses, purses, shoes, coats and sweaters...I'm a typical female there. It's the perfect size for me. You can't tell to well from the picture but it's a chocolate brown bag with red stripe, then the needle felted circles are a brown/green/red colorway all bordered with the red accent color.
Inside was a small change purse the perfect size for credit cards and such in a pretty corduroy stripe with a red zipper. I loved it al so much I immediately started using it, thus the crappy pics, because, we were leaving for my in laws not long after this was taken so it's been in use since and I've been busy since. I will take better pics though because it's beautiful and I want everyone to see how much better it really can look.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:29:00 PM , Blogger beatrice jones said...

what a great idea, the 12 days of christmas thing!!! and your partner must surely LOVE this work of art! i also am from binghamton (actually surrounding areas!) and am a member of ravelry. i see you are also in the cyber cafe group. how is it? do many people come?

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:08:00 PM , Blogger Buggy said...

Well I've been told many do show up around 7:30pm on mondays and just filter in. The group I was meeting was tuesdays at B&N around 7, just show up and if you see someone knitting go "Ravelry" and someone will usually pop up and go YEP!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home