My Life in Knots

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Crochet Ipod Cozie


Well sometimes in craft swapping one person will send their item to never receive anything back in return. This is horrible and when this happens and you are part of an organized site, others of us angel and send the item to them.
This was a crocheted cozie I made for someone that was flaked on in her swap.


It worked out perfect because she owns the video Ipod I do so I could use mine to kame the pattern up as I went along. I made it with an extra long handle that can be doubled to be like a purse, removed completley so no metal remains on the holder to scratch the Ipod, or left long to wear across the body.
I also included a small access hole on the bottom so the charging cord could be attached without removing the cozie...especially handy for charging it in the car!

The top of the cozie has a small snap on it so the Ipod won't fall out but still allows plenty of room to attach the earbuds and even store them in the case.
Here it is hanging and inside the cozie are the earbuds all tucked down the back. She loved the cozie and the colors.
It was made with some old #5 crochet thread in pink and tan. I alternated colors to creat stripes using a Tunisian Knit stitch. Then on the top I added a ribbed cuff because to me it looked like a sweater in need of a colar. Then the strap I doubled up the yarn and made a simple chain cord.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Monday, April 07, 2008 4:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

really nice work

 
At Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:31:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Buggy,
Would you be willing to share this crocheted ipod cozie pattern? I have been looking for something just like this and I love it!
Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home